The mission of the Office of Advising Technology is to provide leadership in leveraging technology to create and support a proactive advising environment, ensure continuity of individual advising, identify student populations who may require customized advising support, and implement tools for timely interventions.
The Office of Advising Technology was established in the Summer of 2018 with the goal of advancing the integration of technology-enabled advising tools and analytics to support student success at NC State. The primary advising platform supported through the office is Navigate NC State, formerly known as Student Success GPS, which the University originally purchased in 2015. Since 2015, Navigate has seen a significant expansion of system functionality and enhancements, in addition to widespread growth in usage among advisors and campus partners.
- Provide professional development opportunities for integrating advising technology tools and analytics to assist in student support.
- Develop training resources to facilitate the robust usage of the Navigate NC State platform and proactive advising practices across campus.
- Consult with and provide support to campus stakeholders, including associate deans, faculty and professional advisors, university assessment offices, and other campus partners.
- Coordinate vendor relations, functional user support, and platform mapping, testing and planning for the mobile and web-based Navigate NC State system.
- Coordinate platform improvements and integrations with Registration and Records, DASA Technology Services, and the Office of Information Technology.
- Serve as a resource for student success research and share best practices with campus partners.
- All students with an active unity ID have access to use the mobile and web-based Navigate Student system.
- All advisors of record, in addition to various support staff across campus, have access to use the Navigate NC State system.